In this Project:
UniverSSE 2017, was the 4th European Congress for Social Solidarity Economy, which took place in Athens from the 9th till the 11th of June. Cinergies cooperative, being part of social economy ecosystem has produced the promotional content for the congress.
Cinergies collaborated with the organising team that consisted of initiatives involved in the new space of social economy to brainstorm and depict the message of tangible paradigm, vision and potential of social transformation.
The question asked was: “What is wrong with this dot?”
Cinergies produced 2 web-teaser videos, a TV-teaser for Greek Public Broadcaster (ERT), a crowdfunding video campaing that reached 4.000e and a short 5m promo/documetary that presented the message of the congress based on the actual individuals and initiatives involved in S.S.E space.
In collaboration with the Giorgos Serepas over 100 designs were produced, as well as the alternative currency that was used during the congress.
The congress itself was a challenge that can be reported as follows:
- 6 months of preparation of the event
- 7 thematic zones were created,
- Hosted 50 panels / workshops / seminars, and
- Provided interpretation in 4 languages in 5 equipped rooms with a team of 21 interpreters from Greece and abroad.
At the UniverSSE 2017 participated:
- 50 delegations from abroad,
- 240 collectives / networks/ stakeholders of SSE from Greece,
- 187 speakers,
- 637 registered participants,
- 1,200 people approximately attended to the conference proceedings and
- 1500 through live streaming. “Our univerSSE, as it emerges within systemic cracks and upheavals, constitutes an expansive and under construction terrain.”
All Content was released under Creative Commons licence.
Sound Design/ Drone Operator
Research - Production Designer
The project was produced in cooperation with Heinrich Böll Stiftung Greece